Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bittersweet

This is the post that I've been wanting to write for about a year now, but now that I'm finally writing it I feel a bit of sadness in my heart.  We are finally moving... THIS WEEKEND!  Finally getting to move is a bittersweet feeling.  I'm really excited, but at the same time I'm sad to leave this place I've called home for nearly 8 years.  Brad got a job at the Anderson County EMS a few weeks ago and he's been traveling back and forth to work.  But after weeks of searching for a place to live we finally found something... so no more traveling for him!  He actually got a job in CC too but he's only doing part time for them.  He's apparently the "Man Candy" of EMS because he's been offered a job for 4 different counties.  If only his job hiring skills would rub off on me now. 

Today was sadly the last day of my job at ETSU.  I loved that job so I hate to go, but I know that God has something amazing planned for me.  Like maybe a future career in photography?!  Brad bought me a new camera for Valentine's Day and I super excited about it.  Hands down the best gift ever!  I'm one lucky lady, that's for sure. 
my new camera

We were not supposed to get to move into our new apartment until March 1st, but we got a call yesterday telling us that we could move in this weekend.  So I went from having 2 weeks to prepare to move to 3 days.  It's a bit overwhelming trying to get our entire house packed up in just a few days.  I'm just glad that I took a couple of days last week to pack some. And I'm sad that we won't get to say our goodbyes to Johnson City the proper way.  We had plans to go to all our favorite places before we left, but we obviously don't have time to do it now.  And worst of all, we won't get to say goodbye to our church friends on Sunday.  But I know we'll make plenty of visits to JC. 

I guess I should give you a pregnancy update... Baby is doing fine and growing like a little weed!  I'm 15 weeks.  My belly has really popped out and I don't like it one bit.  Everyone says how cute it is, but lets be honest- It's not cute.  I feel so blah.  And I've had my belly patted uncountable times in the past week.  Baby is the size of a navel orange.

It's been fun, but I gotta go pack some more.  I'll keep you updated on the big move!  The next time I blog, I'll probably be sitting in Clinton.  Woo-hoo!  Nite-nite blog bugs!

1 comment:

  1. So sad to loose you! I know you'll be glad to be close to mama and those kiddos.

    ReplyDelete