Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Take A Moment and Live

Well hello there blogger friends!  Man, time has really flown since the last time I wrote!!  There is soooo much that I've not written about the last couple of weeks... and it's so much that I won't even bother with it now.  Okay, well maybe I'll give you a quick rundown of everything.... 

First- I got to FINALLY visit with all of my boggtrotter friends (except Lindsey & Daniel & Travis) for the first time in MONTHS!  It was so great to see them all!!  You see, this is a special group of friends.  We all met working together at ETSU finanial aid.  We all bonded instantly and have been best of friends ever since... 7 years actually (for some 6 years.)  We call ourselves the Fin Aid Boggtrotters because Travis owns about every type of instrument (except drums) and we all got together one night goofing off and acting like a band and from that we said we were the Fin Aid Boggtrotters band and it stuck with us ever since.  We usually refer to us as just the Boggtrotters tho.  I cherish soooo many memories with these people!!  We have laughed so much together that I've developed wrinkles from it (I'll blame it on the laughter and not my age, *wink, wink!*)  We have a pretty cool tradition going on with us...
We all got married a year apart from one another and some of us caught a bouquet at one of the weddings.  It started with Becky & Josh 6 years ago... the next year Erin & Brandon got married and Lindsey caught the bouquet and Daniel caught the garter... Then Lindsey & Daniel got married that winter and I caught the same bouquet that Lindsey caught at Erin's wedding.... Then next summer Ashlee & Brandon jumped the broom... A year later, Brad & I got hitched and Allie caught my bouquet... So it only made since that the next summer Allie & Cliff tied the knot!... BUT it's been a year and the only ones of us left to get married is Missy (who's engaged to Troy, yay!) and Travis-and let's face it, he's not gonna be getting hitched for a while!!  But he does have a girlfriend now!!! 
 
 So for now the tradition is on hold, but who knows!!  Okay, sorry I got side tracked... I just love my friends and I think it's neat that we are all still so close after all these years and now that we've all moved on to other things. 
 Travis is in a professional Bluegrass band called Barry Scott and Second Wind, who by the way was nominated for a 2010 Grammy!!  They are aaaaamazing!!  Check 'em out sometime!  (Travis plays the dobro and sings bass by the way.)  http://www.barryscottonline.com/
Anyway, back to things I haven't shared.... I'm having a really hard time remembering.... Oh, I went to Dollywood again.  Me, Brad, my Mom, & Lydia went together.  We had a lot of fun, but MAN WAS IT BUSY!!! We went on Memorial Day!!!  We were crazy, I know.  And it rained.  But it was fun!

The rest of the week was the same ole', same ole'.  A bunch of nothing.  No job still.  I've applyed to so many jobs that I don't even remember where I've applied.  Today I applied to a job and I have no idea what the place is called.  I couldn't tell you where it is except that it's in Johnson City. 

The past Saturday (the 5th), I spent ALL day working at the Campbell County Cancer Association fundraiser.  They had an auction to try to raise money for the association.  Barry Scott and Second Wind played at it... THANKS TRAVIS and the band for everything!!  Did I tell you that they are GREEEAT?!!  
And finally, Sunday was Zoe's ballett recital.  She was soooo stinkin' cute!!  She was a monkey.  Seriously, they were dressed like little monkeys and it was precious!  She did so good.  I'm a proud aunt!!  :-)  

And so far this week, it's a guuud one!  Well except that I had a headache for most of today, but it's gone now so yay!   

Okay, this is a long blog again, so I'll stop writing.  I could write for days if I thought someone would actually read that much, haha!  I was the queen of writing a 10 page paper in one day when I was in college.  Brad would always fuss at me and tell me I'm not going to get it done it time, but he was wrrrrong!  I always did it.  And not to brag, but got good grades on them too (luckily!)  That's just the way I work I suppose. 

Alright... good night!!!
~~xoxo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment