Sunday, February 26, 2012

God's Plan. Not Mine.

Life is funny.  Or should I say, God is funny?!  I've always had plans for my life.  They were my plans.  I made them, and I just knew life would play out the way I wanted it to.  Some of my plans have gone my way, like... Go to ETSU and graduate, marry a Godly man, do mission work, sponsor a child.  All of these plans were conquered.  Now, my life is going in the very opposite direction of the plans I had for myself. 
  • I did not want kids for at least 5 years after I got married- We were married for 3.  But I would NOT change it for the world!
  • I swore I would never move back to Campbell County.  We are buying a house there!  It's where we feel led for the time being.
  • Being a stay-at-home mom... Yeah right!!!  That is the last thing I ever thought I would do!  But here I am.  Stay-at-home mama.  For now, anyways.
God obviously has bigger plans for me, than I have for myself.

I'm learning to be a super mom, but seriously I don't know how some mama's do it!  I need training.  I love staying home with Liam, though.  Would I like to get dressed up and communicate with adults at a paid job? YES!  But would I be miserable being away from my pride and joy?  Absolutly!  So, for now, I'll work my hardest at being the best mama I can be. 

I'm so excited to see where God is taking us in the journey. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment