Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time’s...They Are A-Changin’

I'm going to start you off with a RANDOM FACT tonight...
When I was in high school, and McDonalds had their Big Macs 2 for $2, I stopped after school every day for a week and got myself 2 Big Macs and ate them both (one after another.) Some days I would splurg and get fries, too!  2 a day for a week, I would die if did that now!  I enjoyed them very much at the time, but oh my goodness it's nasty to think of now. 

Anywho, I have had the best weekend EVER in the longest time.  Friday was spent with some very special friends, Allie & Cliff.  I can't remember the last time I have laughed so hard.  We started the night off with some dinner at my fav Mexican restaurant... El Toritio's.  Then we headed off to Fun Expedition and played our hearts out!!!
                                                     We played some putt-putt...
Here was when I hit an ALMOST hole-in-one...

THEN we played a hard-core game of laser tag, but unfortantly we lost! 
 After that, Brad and Cliff decided to hit the batting cages...

I jumped in the cages for one round of slow-pitch softball, and I'm not going to lie I was pretty proud of myself and my batting skills considering my lack of athletic abilities.

After the cages, we played some games and it was a BLAST!
Allie even broke the steering wheel off of Mario Kart while she was trying to adjust her seat.

I couldn't even play the game because I was laughing so hard.
It was a great night with much needed laughter!  I love my friends and my Hubs!

Saturday, Brad and I went on a picnic at the park... Then he took me shopping!  I have the best husband EVER!  I don't know what I'd do without him.  Then we came home and relaxed and watched movies.  This is the first weekend we've spent at home in a while, so it was very nice to have that time together.

Today, Sunday, wasn't anything special except that Brad and I got to spend more time together.  We were supposed to go to church with Allie and Cliff, and I was SUPER excited about it, but Brad and I both woke up not feeling well.  Brad's been sick with a bad cold for a few days now, but this morning he woke up with a terrible ear-ache.  And I woke up with a headache... So unfortunately, we missed the church service.  Sadness! 

I'm so thankful for great friends and family.  I've been missing everyone so, so much lately.  Most of my friends from Johnson City have moved away and the others are still back home.  I've been really sad lately thinking about how much I miss everyone.  I think back on all the time we used to spend together and how much fun we used to have and it's sad to think that we probably won't ever have that anymore.  I mean don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for all of my friends and the lives they are making for themselves.  I just wish life would just slow down a little and I could spend more quality time with those I love.  I only see my family once or twice a month and I feel like life is just passing us by.  My niece,Zoe, is talking like an adult and she will be starting pre-school this year!  It seems like yesterday she was bald and jabbering.  And my nephews are growing like little weeds!  Peyton looks like a little man now, and Jonah just turned ONE!  Seriously, when did he grow up?!  And my little sister-in-law just had her ballet recital a couple of weeks ago... I was there when they brought her home from the hospital after she was born.  I just can't believe how time is flying by faster and faster each year.  It's depressing! 

This past week, I've been thinking a lot about things.  Mostly about my life... Where I've been, where I am now, and where I'm going.  When I was a teenager I wanted so badly to make a difference in someone's life.  I had big dreams of opening a homeless shelter or something amazing that would help people in need.  Then when I went to college, I still wanted to make a difference, but the dream of opening a homeless shelter felt too big of a dream (I mean, I wouldn't even know where to start!)  Then I went to Africa... Before I left for Kenya, I just knew I was gonna make a difference in someones life there.  But then I got there and the only difference that was made, was in me.  There were so many people in Kenya that made a difference in my life.  They opened my eyes and my heart.  It was very humbling.  Then I came home and felt like I was nothing.  Who am I to make a difference in someone else's life?  I am definately not perfect.  And I feel like I have nothing to offer anyone.  My heart still goes out to those without a home or food to eat or even a place to lay their head, and if I could help just one person I would in a heart beat.  I know God has me on earth for a reason, but I honestly have no idea what that reason is.  I am 25 years old and I have no idea where my life is heading.  I still don't even have a job (I applied to some jobs this week, so please pray I land one of them!)  I don't even know what kind of job I want.  I mean how pathetic is that?!  I'm a 25 year old, married, college graduate and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  It's sad really.  I do know that I still want to open a wedding venue SO BAD, but that will be years from now before that dream can come true.  So the question of what for now? is just lingering in my head.  It's definately depressing!  SO with all that said, I decided this week that I'm going to start praying with all that I have for God to show me what I'm "meant" to do and that those doors will open for me very soon.  For now I will just be patient!

Well, I know that this post was seriosly random, but I've had A LOT on my mind and you get to be the lucky ones to hear (or read) it! 

Goodnight Bloggers!  Much love!
XOXO

"Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? If one life can really make an impact on the world...or if the choices we make matter? I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives. For better...or worse." -Lucas, One Tree Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment