Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Only the Beginning

This is my very first blog ever. I have a hard time telling people what's really on my mind, so I thought this might be a good way to start. However, I usually find myself lost for words. Just to tell you a little bit about myself... I am 25. I am a christian. I got married to the man of my dreams (Brad) on June 14, 2008.
I recently gratuated from ETSU with a degree in Criminal Justice. Now I'm trying to find a job, but I have no idea what kind of job I want. My dream is to one day own a wedding venue. I have it perfectly planned out in my head! Until that day comes, I will just dream about it. My heart is in Kenya (Africa). I went to Kenya during the summer of 2006 to build water tanks for a village that was in a drought, and my heart stayed there. The people there have nothing, but were happier than most people I know who have everything. The trip opened my eyes, heart, and mind. Here was my favorite kid that was in the village... He was such a hard worker, and he stole my heart. I wanted to bring him home with me!
I have a wonderful family and great friends. I currently live right outside of Johnson City, but I hope and pray to move back towards Knoxville as soon as possible. I'm ready to be closer to family. Well, my dog Macie is laying on my hand and is making it hard to type, so I will call it a night. I look forward to meeting fellow bloggers and learing how this works. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment